Teamglobal begins operations at Globicon Terminals, Nhava Sheva
A brand new state of the art cargo terminal at Nhava Sheva and a first green cargo facility in India
MUMBAI: In what can be termed as a turning point in the history of Indian logistics industry, Globicon Terminals, the first Green Cargo Terminal with a CFS has commenced operations at Nhava Sheva.
Nhava Sheva is India’s premier Container Port and handles almost 55% of All India container volume. Port of Nhava Sheva is all set to catapult itself into the future with major boost in infrastructure through 12 lane road connectivity to major highways, Dedicated Freight Corridor by Rail and the 4th Container Terminal. Combined with a DPD initiative of Nhava Sheva Customs, Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT), Nhava Sheva is committed to drastically brings down the cost and dwell time of containers positioning it as a winning combination to be the “Port of the Future”.
A futuristic port like JNPT, Nhava Sheva requires futuristic cargo handling facility to provide desired ”Perfect Logistics Solutions” which the Customers of today are looking for.
World today is besieged with issues of environment, every business house is worried about the impact of it’s economic activity on our Mother Nature, business leaders are talking about the carbon foot print that we leave behind from their businesses.
Identifying this growing need of an environment friendly cargo handling facility Teamglobal has conceptualized, built and commissioned the first Green cargo terminal in India with an inbuilt CFS,
The facility has many firsts to its account :
1. First Green Cargo terminal in the Country under IGBC norms
2. First terminal to have it captive solar plant to from Day One
3. First terminal to have a dedicated temperature controlled Haz warehouse
4. First terminal to have a 100% natural light and ventilation as per Green norms
5. First terminal to have Green admin building with heat Protection facade, 100% water recycling, sewage treatment plant, induction technology in the kitchen and more
6. First terminal to apply for Total Quality Management Systems of ISO 9000-2015, ISO 18000 and ISO 27000 which together cover its operations, data security and health and occupational safety standards
7. First terminal to work towards paperless work environment with advanced IT systems
The Cargo terminal has a well-designed layout with marked vehicle movement, signage’s, green areas, parking zones, security systems.
The facility will be offering international standard value added services of Cargo and Container handling, Open and closed Bonded storage, Transit Warehousing, Reefer plugs, Hazardous cargo storage, packing, labelling, GOH, palletization, bagging and many more to meet customer’s demand of “One Stop Shop”,
Salient Features of Globicon Terminals
1. Total area of 30 acers with 1st phase of 17 acres.
2. Import Cargo handling warehouse of 4,500 Sqm. with an height of 11 mtrs. with proposed high stack racking system and bonded zone.
3. Export warehouse of 4,500 sqm. with FM-2 grade flooring
4. An exclusive RCC Hazardous cargo warehouse of 700 Sqmtrs compliant with Customs norms.
5. Container yard of 52,000 sqm. with 470 TEUs ground slots and 27 reefer plug points which can be doubled to 54 nos.
6. Automatic dock-levellers at warehouse gates for ease of operations
7. 24 x 7 CCTV monitoring facility, RCC pre-stressed compound wall and concertina fencing.
8. A State of the Art Firefighting system with sprinklers in warehouses, fire alarm and hydrant system with a backup of diesel pump and DG sets.
9. Warehouse and Buildings with LED light system and 100% DG Power Back up and a green transformer.
10. Modern electronic weigh bridges of 100 MT
11. Floating Gate Complex designed for the driver to transact without alighting from the vehicle for better turnaround time
12. Hygienic canteen facility with most modern kitchen and dining area.
As a Green initiative, the facility has been built using most eco-friendly material which is either recycled or recyclable. The facility has been planned with a very good landscaping with the native plants. The treated water from the STP will be recycled for the toilet flushing as well as for the green belt.
Teamglobal has partnered with Chedda Group, leading warehousing and real estate developers, to set up this facility.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Nityam Khosla, Director, Teamglobal Logistics said that we are all set to create history in the Indian logistics space with launch of Globicon Terminals. Mr. Vivek Kele a Board Member spoke about how this facility will give an opportunity to its Customers to contribute towards conserving our environment.
Mr Rubin Chedda of Chedda Group mentioned that he was extremely excited to launch this world class facility in the vicinity of India’s largest & most modern Container Port of JNPT, Nhava Sheva.
This terminal will be operated by ICTPL (International Cargo Terminals PVT LTD.) a subsidiary of Teamglobal Logistics . The day to day operations will be overseen by the CEO Mr. Jacob Thomas who has more than 30 years of experience in this industry.
Teamglobal is a leading integrated Logistics service provider offering various services in Sea Freight, Airfreight, Warehousing, Transport and Coastal Movements. It has 18 offices in India, Bangladesh, Kenya and Tanzania. Teamglobal group is promoted by Mr. Vivek Kele and Mr. Nityam Khosla who are the trusted names in the Indian Shipping Industry.